Most all Animal Shelters and Rescue’s are staffed by volunteers who simply give of themselves for the Love of Animals.
1. SAY ‘THANKS!’ If you’ve adopted a pet from a rescue, post a recent picture of your dog on their Facebook page, or email them an update on your dog. It helps what they do seem worthwhile.
2. DONATE SUPPLIES. Shelters are always in need of toys, towels, dog food, treats, food bowls, cleaning supplies, etc. Call or check their website for their wish list.
3. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RESCUE’S FUNDRAISER. Most shelter/rescues have an annual fundraiser. Attend it…Buy something…. Help with the function!!
4. HELP AT YOUR OWN HOME. Have your own dogs spayed or neutered. Keep collars and tags on at all times. Microchip your dog. Keep them in a fenced area. Help solve the problem of unwanted dogs by being pro-active.
5. VOLUNTEER. There is ALWAYS a need for help – with the animals or in the facility. Consider an hour or so a week to help out. Trust me… they will love you for it!!
6. BECOME A FOSTER FAMILY. Bring a rescue dog into your house until they’re adopted to their Forever Home. The dogs are grateful, and add so much love to your home.
7. ADOPT A DOG FROM A SHELTER OR RESCUE. If you’re thinking of getting a dog, go see any size or breed there. Play with them, and bring your dog to see how they get along. Many are already housebroken. Save a life.
8. DONATE MONEY. Any amount is appreciated and goes straight to helping the dogs.